I have been busy with a bunch of stuff lately, and tend to forget how many things I am actually undertaking at any given time. So, I figured I would list them out here to help wrap my head around and let you know what I am up to.
Also, because I am bad at regular updates, this is my semi-regular info purge.
- POCKET BOOK V
Pocket Book V is finished. We just completed printing and binding them. Akina hand-stitched every single one.
New band with my brother Austin. Thrash/doom/ambient/psych/electronic/metal
We've started recording. It's the first time I have been satisfied with the sound quality of drums I've recorded myself.
We also printed shirts:
- Helms Alee / Young Widows split
I did the cover art for the forthcoming split from my pals Helms Alee and Young Widows, to be released by Sargent House.
- AXED CROWN
Axed Crown is my solo musical project. I've had a debut LP languishing in near-completion for a couple years now. I finally recorded drums for one song, "Overturn," that's been almost done for a while, and I think it is finally complete. Just need to tweak and add a few bits, and the record will be good to go. It's tentatively titled "Amnesty."
Here is the rough demo for "Overturn"
- HENRY & GLENN FOREVER & EVER
I have a short comic in the upcoming Henry & Glenn Forever & Ever TPB. It's basically Henry as Hellboy, and they fall through the floor of their house into a forgotten practice space. I'll post a preview soon. Also, the book's foreword is written by Rob Halford. ROB HALFORD. of JUDAS PRIEST.
Pre-Order It Here
- CHEAP EATS
I'm also working on Cheap Eats,
a short cooking show featuring delicious recipes for the broke and lazy. It's for KCHUNG TV, KCHUNG's entry in the Hammer Museum's Made in LA 2014 Biennial
- HEAVY DUTY
Oh yeah, I also have a monthly show called Heavy Duty
on KCHUNG radio. It focuses on hevay music for lightweights, and airs the fourth Sunday of every month.
- I'm in the middle of writing a short script about a metal band putting on a show at their parents' house. Hopefully I'll finish it this month and have it shot and edited before summer is over.
- I already wrote a feature length script for a post-apocalyptic ghost movie called Mountain Ghost
that's influenced by The Road
, Princess Mononoke
, Red Dawn
, and Neon Genesis Evangelion
. Intending to but not really working on pre-production (designs, storyboards, etc). Might produce it as a comic first.
- On the far back burner is a short zine/riso book called Black Days.
Black metal days of the week. Sunday is a burning church, Monday is black coffee, etc.
- Probably some other stuff I am forgetting/procrastinating on. For some reason I still feel unproductive a lot of the time. Let me know if you need a video, or a drawing, or music. Because I am not busy enough.
I blame the internet.